August 24, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

What a weekend!!! It all started on Friday night with my neighbor Mary and I hosting a CAbi party. For those of you not familiar with the company CAbi stands for Carol Anderson by Invitation. Carol Anderson is a designer that used to carry lines in Dillards, Nordstroms & Macy's. Now she designs two collections a year (spring/summer & fall/winter) and it is sold exclusively by consultants at home parties. They have got a great fall line that just came out. Here is the link to their website so you can check it out. Our party was a big success. We sold almost $1500 so we both get several items half price. I'm having a really hard time deciding what to order because there are so many things I would love to have. Lucky for me a few friends signed up to host a party so that means even more half price items.





Jeff was out of town this weekend and Grant spent the night at the Roy's house so it seemed like the perfect night to go out with some of my friends after the CAbi party. We went to The Pumphouse which is down in Old Town and had a few drinks and then decided to go to Heroes for a few more drinks. We are all about the same age and we were feeling WAY to old for the crowd that was there. I did however run into someone from Winfield. For those of you who are WHS alums, Cyrus "Andy" Flemming is a bouncer at Heroes. Sorry, no picture! I did get a picture of us girls with my cell phone. This is Amy, Ginger, me & Andrea. We have decided that we are going to make this a monthly thing from now on. We had such a fun time together.
Saturday morning I got up suprisingly early for not getting home until around 2 am and went down to help Mary do all of the clean up from the party. Then Grant and I headed down to Winfield with my sister to spend the day with my mom and dad. We spent most of the day just hanging out and then Grant and I went over to see my friend Amy and her family. She has a son named Hunter who is the same age as Grant and a little girl named Ava who is 3 going on 13. Amy and I had fun catching up while her husband Trey played bartender and made us Effen Martinis. It was some kind of concoction of Effen Vodka, champagne & pomegrante liquor. Hunter wanted Grant to spend the night so after we got the kids all settled down with a movie Amy and I went down to O'Kellys for about an hour. All I can think to say is lame!!!!


Ava loves our dog Spiro so Amy came over to my parents house this morning to bring Grant home and while the boys played tennis Ava got some Spiro time in.


Doesn't Spiro look happy to see Ava.


No comments: