September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

What a fabulous three day weekend. I wish it didn't have to end!!! We had a great time with friends and family and even managed to get a few things done around the house.

Friday night we met up with our friends the Stephen's at The Alley out east for some pizza, beer and bowling. Grant and Alec are the same age so it's always lots of fun when we get together. It was also an exciting night for me because I bowled 5 strikes in our first game, 3 of which were in the 10th frame. Jeff tried to take my picture but it was a shot from behind so I'm obviously not posting that!!! Somehow with all my strikes I still came in 3rd place. How does that happen???

Here are the boy's being silly.



















Saturday morning we headed to the tennis courts in Goddard and hit the ball around for a little bit and then came home to do some yard work. Grant has been begging to mow the yard so Jeff decided to let him try with the push mower.

























































































I couldn't resist this shot. Check out the lines. Needless to say, Jeff had to go over the backyard with the riding mower once Grant was finished up. I think he's going to need a little more practice for he goes into the lawn mowing business.



















Sunday afternoon we spent the majority of the day helping my grandparents pack. They are moving to Winfield next week to be closer to my parents. I don't think they understand that they are downsizing because they are having alot of trouble getting rid of stuff. We were supposed to be working on a pile to go to good will and one of the few thing that actually ended up in the pile was this hat . . . which Grant took a liking to.
























We also got to see Jeff's uncle Bob and aunt Kathy who were in town this weekend visiting from Topeka. We ended up hanging out over at his dad's house Saturday and Sunday night. Somehow I forgot to take my camera both nights.

Well, that about wraps up our weekend. Thank goodness it's only 4 days until next weekend!!

1 comment:

Audra said...

Kelly-I can't believe how grown up your two boys are. Looks like things are going great! I love keeping up with everyone. Hope you have a great year :)