May 26, 2010

The Bumgardner’s are Back

Between baseball games, end of the year school activities, my masters classes and packing up my classroom at school for the big move , the month of May has flown by without very many posts.  There’s so much to catch up on so it may take a few posts to fit it all in.

A few weeks ago my good friend Jessica was in Winfield visiting family and made a special trip up to Wichita to have dinner with me.  It was so fun to catch up with her and meet her adorable little girl Sophia.  DSC_0171 DSC_0168

Then we were off to Alva, OK for a baseball tournament May 14-16th.  It was a fun and very memorable weekend.  Here are a few action shots from our games on Saturday.  Luckily the bad weather held off and we were able to fit in all of our games on Saturday.  I wish I could say the same for Sunday.  We got one game in and then had several hours of rain delay.DSC_0189 DSC_0225 DSCN0790 DSCN0796

While we were in Alva I ran into my good friend Amy.  Her son Hunter was there with his team playing as well.  Unfortunately we never got to play each other.DSC_0230

The best photos from the weekend actually came between games when the boys were hanging out. DSCN0773 DSCN0774 DSCN0776

We got coach John to give us his signature look.DSCN0777 DSCN0798DSCN0778  It wouldn’t be a tournament without a $12 t-shirt.DSCN0779  There was a slight misspelling though.  I guess the tournament directors didn’t have spell check on their computer.DSCN0780

The “moms” showing off our new blingy Cardinal’s shirts.DSCN0784 DSCN0787We also got a few fun photos on Saturday night at our motel.  There aren’t a lot of lodging choices in Alva so let’s just say that our accommodations were not exactly what we are all used to.  To make the experience a little more pleasurable Jeff and Chad hit up the local liquor store and got us a few treats to enjoy in the parking lot before turning in.  We also opted to sleep in our clothing on top of the sheets with our own blankets and pillows from home.  DSCN0812

This is the pose I got from Jeff and Chad when I asked them to smile.  Can you tell it had been a long day???DSCN0814

After a few drinks they thought it would be a good idea to take a picture holding Greg like the girls did earlier in the day.  The expression on Greg’s face makes me laugh every time I see it.DSCN0816  We woke up on Sunday morning to celebrate our 12th anniversary at the Western Motel.  We wanted to get our picture taken with the sign in the background so we would always remember our motel.  Luckily my friend Amy, who was staying at the same hotel, found the perfect spot.  Notice the empty beer can on the table behind us and Jeff eating a piece of cold pizza left over from the night before.  Classy huh???

DSCN0819

I wasn’t lying when I said that baseball is keeping us busy.  This past weekend we played in a tournament in Derby.  Luckily we didn’t have to stay in another motel but we fit in 6 games between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon so our weekend seemed to just fly by. DSCN0937  DSCN0945DSCN0944DSCN0947

Between games the boys decided to do a little meditation to relax. DSCN0939

After meditating they thought it would be fun to put on a little runway show on the picnic tables.DSCN0941   The boys played hard and ended up with a 3rd place finish in the tournament.     DSCN0953   DSCN0958 DSCN0959DSCN0960

This weekend we are headed to KC for another tournament.  Even though baseball keep us busy we are so lucky to have so many wonderful families to hang out with.  Grant has also made some great friends over the years.  It’s fun watching all the boys grow up and develop into such great little players.

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

Wow, that is a lot of baseball. You are such a good mom for always being there to support Grant.

I had a great time visiting you when I was home. I love that picture of Sophia that you posted. I also think it is fun that Sophia really walked for the first time at your house. :)