October 27, 2009

The Big Move

Last week my Nana made the big move from Odessa, MO to Winfield, KS.  The moving truck arrived on Thursday morning so we went down to my mom and dad’s house on Friday evening after work so we could pitch in with all of the unpacking.  We worked all day Saturday and got nearly all of the boxes unpacked.  She got rid of a lot of stuff before she moved so we didn’t have nearly as much work as I had anticipated.  I spent most of the day in the kitchen. 

Here’s Nana working hard in her new kitchen.  She is so excited about having a garbage disposal.  For the past 35 years she has lived on the farm without one.CIMG1357

You may notice she has a bit of a black eye (and forehead).  The night before she moved she got up in the middle of the night to get a drink and ran into a kitchen cabinet that was left open.  When the movers arrived the next day they asked her what happened and she told them “her date last night got a little rough with her”.  That’s my nana!!!  I think she caught them off guard because they didn’t know what to say.

Once we got the clothes unpacked Grant spent quite a bit of time in one of the big wardrobe boxes.  I don’t know what it is about that boy and boxes.  He has loved them since he was little.CIMG1354 

Grant and Aunt KarenCIMG1358

You can tell by this picture that Jeff worked hard!!!  Just kidding . . .I think he was on his phone trying to figure out how to program Nana’s car garage door opener to her new garage door.CIMG1356

Saturday afternoon Grant, Aunt Karen and Jeff took some time off to go to Sonic and do some Geocaching in Winfield.  Here’s Grant with a few of the treasures he found.CIMG1360CIMG1362

I couldn’t resist posting one last picture.  Thank goodness I had my camera with my tonight after school.  We stopped by Jeff’s grandmas house after school to pick up Spiro.  (She is our doggy daycare on weeks when Jeff is out of town.)  This is how Grant carried Spiro to the car.  He’s just like a big baby.  CIMG1370

No comments: