December 13, 2009

Surprise 60th Birthday Party

On Friday evening my sister and I hosted a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom at her house.  We’ve  been busy planning it for the past 6 weeks and managed to pull it off without her ever finding out.  She was quite surprised when she arrived home to house full of nearly 60 of her close friends and family. 

My dad spent the day keeping her busy doing all of their Christmas shopping in Wichita while we put the finishing touches on everything.  After we got all of the food prepared we put together a display of photos of my mom from throughout the years.  It was so much fun to go through all of them with my Nana and hear all the stories.DSC_0019   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As usual I had every intention of taking tons of photos throughout the evening but as soon as all the guests began arriving it got kind of crazy and then without any warning she and my dad showed up and I was so busy playing hostess that I didn’t even think to grab the camera.  Here were some pictures we took before all of the festivities began. DSC_0029DSC_0063 DSC_0025DSC_0034

  DSC_0040DSC_0018DSC_0044 - Copy       Once the party got underway Jeff assumed the role of bartender and Grant became the waiter.  He had so much fun taking orders and getting drinks for everyone from the bar.  He carried around a little notepad and paper and even managed to make $5 in tips. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it.   Then Grant took over as the photographer.  Here are some of the pictures he took.  Not bad for a 9 year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!