December 6, 2009

Gingerbread Men

In preparation for making gingerbread man cookies with my class at school I mixed up a batch of dough on Wednesday evening that I received last year as a gift from one of my students.  It came complete with a cookie cutter and decorations but it was rather strong tasting and I wasn’t sure if there was enough for all of my kids so I kept it for Grant to do this weekend and bought some cheap mixes at Wal-Mart like I’ve used in the past for school.

Saturday morning we got up early, turned on some Christmas music and began making cookies.  Grant had so much fun rolling out the dough and cutting out the cookies.  We even managed to get Daddy to help out.  After 4 trays of cookies were baked Grant wanted to use the leftover dough to make a giant gingerbread sheriff complete with a badge and gun.  He’s such a creative kid!!!

 CIMG1772  CIMG1771  CIMG1775  CIMG1778CIMG1783CIMG1781  CIMG1786  CIMG1789  CIMG1794 CIMG1791CIMG1800

After we finally got the cookies decorated and the kitchen cleaned up we bundled up and headed outside to put up the outdoor Christmas lights.  We obviously should have done it last weekend when it was in the 70’s.  Grant tried to help but kept disappearing inside.  I did get a few pictures of him being silly though before he left to go to the WSU basketball game with his friend Alex.CIMG1795CIMG1799

No comments: