November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Wow . . . what a great Thanksgiving break we had.  It was so hard to get up and go back to work this morning.  This year we hosted both sides of our family again here at our house for dinner.  It’s always so nice when everyone can get together.  For the past few years we have been doing this and it’s so nice because everyone fixes their special dishes and contributes to the meal.

We had a pretty typical Thanksgiving day.  It all began mid-morning when everyone began arriving.  I sent Jeff out early to grab a paper so we could go through all of the ads.CIMG1663       It was so nice to have both my grandma and my nana here.DSC_0208

I of course forgot to get out my camera until after we had finished eating so I didn’t get nearly as many picture as I would have liked.  At this point in the day everyone was either sitting around watching football, napping or enjoying the weather outdoors.  Later that evening we played our traditional 12 rounds of Mexican Train Dominoes.  It got pretty crazy this year!!!

Grant and Uncle RandyDSC_0210 Debbie and her dad Eck, who was here along with her mom Gladys visiting from South Carolina again this year.DSC_0218  Luckily my step grandpa Larry was feeling up to making the trip from Winfield to Wichita.  Here he is with my Grandma.DSC_0212                               Grant and Daddy enjoying some pumpkin pie.  I think Jeff was sitting on his lap and crushing him in this picture.DSC_0215

I couldn’t leave out a picture of the birthday boy.  That’s right, Thanksgiving day was Spiro’s 4th birthday.  It’s hard to believe that he’s been a part of our family this long.  He celebrated with some bites of turkey and ham.CIMG1665

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

Wow, it sounds like you had quite the crowd. I miss Thanksgiving with my family. I can't wait to be home for Christmas. Let's definitely get together. We are home from Dec. 26 - Jan. 2.