November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Our Halloween festivities officially began on Friday.  Grant and I both had our Fall Parties at school.  Thankfully Jeff was home so he was able to go to Grant’s party while I stayed at the party that was underway in my classroom.  (That’s what stinks most about my job.  I’ll be so happy in another year when our schools become K-6 and Grant and I will be back in the same building again.)

Back to the school parties . . . my friends and I all dressed up as the Cheetah Girl’s.  Even though I felt like a total dork with my face painted it was a fun day.DSC_0171We of course had to get a picture of our tails too!!!DSC_0172

Here’s Grant and his best friend Nick.  I sent the camera with Jeff and he took lots of pictures but for some reason this is the only one he took of Grant.  I guess he doesn’t realize I don’t really want picture of other people’s kids  . . . CIMG1379

After school we hurried home for dinner and pumpkin carving.  I found these adorable little pumpkin bread bowls at Great Harvest Bread at lunchtime so I picked them up and Jeff  made a pot of  potato soup.  DSC_0175

Grant did most of the dirty work.   DSC_0178

Yes, I’m still wearing my ears and face paint. DSC_0183

Then he and daddy worked together to drill holes all around our pumpkin.  I have to admit I saw this idea on a friend’s blog and thought it was such a cute idea.  Thanks Aleshia!!! DSC_0187

DSC_0192DSC_0195 

On Saturday our neighbors Debbie and Dave roasted a pig so we went over for dinner and then headed out trick-or-treating.  Grant dressed up as a zombie rock star this year.  I think the years of cute costumes are gone at our house.DSC_0197DSC_0198       Spiro sported his usual honeybee costume. DSC_0202

No comments: