November 8, 2009

Birthday Bash

On Saturday morning we packed up our car and headed to Kansas City to see family.  We met up with my cousin Mandy and her husband Sean for a yummy Mexican  lunch at Panzon’s just down the street from their house in Lenexa.  The weather was gorgeous so we were able to sit outside and enjoy a nice meal together and catch up.  Then we drove out to The Legends  to walk around and do some shopping.  The boys went to Dave and Buster’s and played games while us girls shopped around.

Here’s Grant showing off the Bart Simpson doll he won with his tickets.  I think it only cost about $30!!!CIMG1436

This is me with my cousin Mandy and my sister Karen.CIMG1432Jeff and meJeff and Kelly

After a few hours of shopping  we went and checked into our hotel and got ready for the big birthday bash.  My Aunt Janet turned 60 this week so her daughter and husband planned a surprise birthday party for her.  She is a photographer and thought she was headed to take photos for a friend at a family dinner.  Needless to say she was shocked when she walked in and saw all of her friends and family.  It was a very fun evening.  My mom and dad came and brought along my Nana.

There weren’t a lot of places to sit so Nana thought it would be a good idea for Grant to sit on her lap.  Grant quickly reminded her that she only weighed 98 lbs and he weighed 105 lbs so he thought next time maybe she should sit on his lap.              CIMG1437

CIMG1440   Me with my sister and mom.CIMG1441  The birthday girl with Jeff, Grant and me.CIMG1444Grant with grandma and papa.

No comments: