August 16, 2010

1st Day of School

Today was the first day of school for Grant and me.    Before we headed out the door we had to pose for a few pictures on the front porch.  It’s still hard for me to believe that he is in 4th grade now!!! DSCN1683DSCN1684{Me and my boy }  DSCN1688

{Today I celebrated my 1oth First Day of teaching 1st grade. }

Luckily Jeff was in town so he was able to take Grant to school this morning.  Things didn’t actually go quite as planned though.  He called me a few minutes before my kids began arriving and told me they had driven around and could not find a parking spot anywhere.  With all of the construction happening at my old building and all of the parents who were also there for the 1st day of school things were pretty crazy.  He was afraid if he waited to find a parking spot Grant would be late on his first day.  So, he ended up just sending Grant in with the camera and telling him to have a friend take his picture.  Grant was fine with it.  I think Jeff was just worried I wouldn’t be.

{Grant and his teacher Mrs. Burnett}CIMG1917CIMG1918

{Grant and his BFF Nick}  Somehow they have managed to be in the same class since Kindergarten.CIMG1919

   I owe Nick’s mom a big THANK YOU for taking these pictures for me!!!

3 comments:

laura mcpherson said...

Awww...back to school! I must say I miss being a part of that excitement. I guess I'll be back in it, in a few more years :)

LOVE your shoes by the way! Where are they from?? Hope you have a great 10th year teaching!

Kelly said...

Thanks Laura!!! I got them last weekend at Dillards. Almost all of their sandals are on sale now. They are Gianni Bini's and I think I got them for $29.99.

laura mcpherson said...

I'll have to check it out if I'm at a Dillards soon :) Thanks!!