October 3, 2008

Math Conference in OKC

I just got back today from the regional math conference in OKC. Sounds pretty exciting huh??? Nothing more fun than a bunch of math teachers. I went with a group of six teachers/administrators from my district. We left on Wednesday afternoon and got there just in time to have a quick dinner and attend the opening session (which my friend Cathy and I skipped out on). I did attend a few sessions on Thursday and Friday and I'm happy to report that I came away with several fun activities that I can use in my classroom.

Last night a few of us girls went to see the movie Nights in Rodanthe. I had read the book several years ago and had kind of forgotten the story. I really enjoyed the movie. There's just something about Richard Gere. After the movie we went to The Melting Pot for some yummy dessert. It is a fondue restraunt in Bricktown. I know there is one in KC near the Plaza. I'm thinking that it would be a fun place to take the kids next time we are up there visiting family.

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

I LOVE the Melting Pot. I can just eat a cheese fondue and dessert fondue and be perfectly full.