October 8, 2008

Most Embarrasing Moment

So today I may have experienced one of my most embarrasing moments EVER! This is National Fire Safety Week and a group of fireman came to our building today to put on an assembly for all of our 1st graders. They were dressed in crazy clown outfits and while doing a silly skit about what to do if there is a fire they were singing (terribly out of tune) and dancing. When they got to the part in the little show about not playing with matches they advised the kids to get an adult and who do you suppose they got??? Yes, that's right. They yanked me up on stage with them and made me dance with them to "Who Let The Dogs Out" before I disposed of the big foam matches. I really wanted to die as I danced on stage in front of all of my colleagues, all of the students, and the many fireman who were watching from the back of the room. The only positive thing is I don't think there are any pictures for me to post for all of you to see.

After school I was telling Grant about my dancing debut and he just put his hands over his face and said "Oh my god mom, I am so glad I don't go to this school!" Then he asked me to show him exactly what I did. He seemed to be even more embarrased than I was.

Grant and I are off to Chicago tomorrow afternoon to spend a long weekend with Jeff. He flew up there on Sunday and has to stay for 2 weeks. I am really looking forward to some sight seeing and yummy food. Any suggestions???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm cracking up right now. I would have been a nice bright shade of red if that would have been me. I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think. :) As far as suggestions for Chi town I have got some. What are you in the mood for? Email me browning_mandy@yahoo