August 4, 2009

Bigfoot

Yesterday Grant and I went shopping for some new shoes.  Soccer practice began last night and he needed a new pair of cleats.  I remember  when Miles made the jump from shoes in the boys department to the men’s department.  I think he must have been in 5th or 6th grade.  I know Grant is a big boy but I never dreamt that he would be making that leap before he entered 3rd grade.  That’s right I had to buy men’s size 7 shoes for my 8 year old.  Which also means we get to pay more!!!  The same shoe was $20 more expensive in the men’s department.  What happened to my baby???

Out with the old and in with the new!!!

100_2573

Shoes have definitely been on Grant’s mind recently.  I wonder where he gets it???  He has been begging for a pair of Converse  all summer and I managed to put him off until we did our back to school shopping.  Over the weekend we went to KC and of course one of the first things purchased were a new pair of red Converse.  (They must run big though because we were able to buy a size 6 in kids.)   He was so excited to put them on and even spent quite a bit of time that evening washing the white toes with a washcloth in the hotel bathroom to get off all the scuffs.  Once we got home Jeff and I told him he had to put them away until school starts.  Granny happened to be here visiting and overheard the conversation and couldn’t believe how mean we were so this afternoon she took him shopping for another pair of Converse that he can go ahead and wear.  He has his heart set on a pair of black ones!!!  I’m hoping they will be able to pick up an inexpensive pair at Target. 

They also bought a pair of shoes for basketball.  Hopefully his foot  won’t grow anymore before November.   

Would you believe all of these shoes  fit my feet too???  

100_2577

1 comment:

Julie said...

Converse do run big. Madeline wears a whole size smaller in them! That Grant sure has some great new school shoes! I hope you got some back to school treats.