February 8, 2010

Snow Day

That’s right we had another Snow Day today . . . that makes 3 so far this year.  I think that’s more than any other year I can remember.  It was just starting to come down last night when we left the Watkins annual Super Bowl Party.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined waking up to this site this morning. DSC_0248

The trees all looked so pretty covered in snow.  This is my Japanese Maple tree right outside our front door. DSC_0249

Jeff of course headed north this morning to Manhattan for work so I was left shoveling the driveway.  I’m convinced he schedules his trips around bad weather just so he doesn’t have to do any of the hard work around here!!!  Thanks to a little help from my neighbor Mary we got it done in record time.  Grant was such a sweet boy.  He noticed our new neighbor Jack was out scooping off another neighbors driveway so he took my shovel and headed over to help out.  I bet Amy and Aaron were surprised when they got home tonight. DSC_0253DSC_0254

After warming up for a bit Grant put his gear back on and headed outside to play.  I managed to snag a few pictures of him before he went down to the neighbors house to have a snowball fight. DSC_0256 DSC_0257

We have been spent a fun relaxing day inside for the most part.  Grant and I finished up a movie that we started over the weekend {Romancing the Stone} and even finished decorating his valentine box.  I’ll try to post some pictures of it later this week.  Thankfully we just got a call a little bit ago informing us that basketball practice got cancelled tonight because I was beginning to think I might have to change out of my pj’s and actually get dressed today.

Would it be wishful thinking to have another snow day tomorrow?

2 comments:

Jessica B said...

When I read this post I actually missed snow days. But then I got down to the part about shoveling snow and I didn't miss them quite as much. :) I hope you get another snow day soon so you can relax in your pjs again.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.