February 23, 2010

Terrific Tuesday

Today was not just any ordinary Tuesday.  It was a TERRIFIC Tuesday for me at work.  I told Jeff last night that it didn’t matter if I woke up sick this morning, I was going to work no matter what.  If you are a teacher you will totally appreciate this.  I got 30 minutes this morning of planning time while my kids were at PE and then another 2 hours and 15 minutes this afternoon while they were at library and then practicing for their upcoming music program.  {On a typical day I usually only get 30 minutes total.}  Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my job, but all of this uninterrupted time was AWESOME.  It seems like every time I have a break I spend the first few minutes chatting with someone , or maybe the entire time, and then just when I get to work on something time is up and I have to put everything away before my kids come back. 

For those of you who work with me you know it’s not uncommon for me to have the next months worth of copies made and ready to go.  I’m a bit of a planner and love the feeling of knowing that if something really bad happened to me tonight everything would be ready to go for a sub.  But today I started pulling down buckets and managed to get all of my copies for March and April copied and organized.  That means all I have left to do are the last 3 weeks of the school year {and then I can start all over and begin working on stuff for next year}. 

I even spent a few hours after I got home getting everything written down and organized in my lesson plan book.  Next month I begin my first master’s class and don’t really know what to expect in terms of homework and reading. At least this way I won’t have to worry about staying late after school to get stuff done. 

Enough about me . . . it’s been a pretty typical Tuesday around our house this evening.  Grant went out to dinner with Granny and then as soon as he got home we got right to work on his homework.  He always gets a packet on Friday and it is due by the following Friday.  If he turns it in on Wednesday he gets an “early bird” prize. We always try to get some of it done over the weekend and then finish it up on Tuesday night.  So tonight  he worked hard to get it done.  All he had left to do was his cursive writing practice pages.  Check out how neat he writes.100_3423100_3433100_3424

He also had a story to read about forest fires at Yellowstone.  We snuggled up on the couch and did the reading together and then he worked hard to answer the questions that went along with the story.  Spiro always likes to be nearby to help out.100_3436

I hope everyone else had a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!!

 

No comments: