June 23, 2010

Another Tournament

That’s right . . . Grant had another tournament in Hutchinson over the weekend.  I don’t have a lot of positive things to say because overall the team didn’t play very well.  We lost all 3 games {which is highly unusual} and Grant struck out almost every time at bat.  I think he got walked a few times and maybe hit a double once. 

Our little slugger at the plate . . .DSCN1271DSCN1265DSCN1266The kids {and parents} seem to have the best time when they are hanging out between games.  On Saturday we set up a canopy so everyone could catch a little shade.  We really are lucky to have so many wonderful families to spend time with at these tournaments.DSCN1255

Mr. Oreo TeethDSCN1257  DSCN1260 DSCN1264DSCN1261 DSCN1262 

The past few weeks I’ve been on the lookout for some animal print items for my new classroom.  On Monday I decided to redo a small chair that I had in my old classroom at my guided reading table.  It was a wooden rocking chair that had a star fabric seat.  With a little paint and some new fabric {and some wood glue to fix the broken leg} I changed the look of the chair all together. DSCN1276

I have some fabric leftover so I’m planning to make a few fun pillows for my big denim chair.

No comments: