June 2, 2010

The Big Move

I am officially moved in to my new classroom.  Thanks to all my little “helpers” on the last day of school we got the last few loads moved.  Luckily it was just a short walk across the playground to the new school.  I also had tons of help from family a few weeks before school was over getting all of my “personal” things moved.DSCN0919DSCN0915DSCN0918  DSCN0925DSCN0923 DSCN0924 

Goodbye old school . . .DSCN0961

Hello new school . . . DSCN0930

After several days of hard work I think that I’ve got everything in place.  I changed the theme of my room so it was kind of fun to decorate with all my new jungle stuff.  There’s still a few items I want to pick up over the summer but here is a {sneak peek} of what it looks like so far . . .  DSCN1047 DSCN1036

Aren’t these the cutest little monkey’s ever!!!  My friend Kelsey’s mom painted them for me to hang around the room.  She is so talented.  This little guy is going to hold the word of the day sign.DSCN1037

Instead of a "Star Student” we are going to have a “Top Banana” each week.  I don’t know if you can tell but this silly little monkey is holding a banana.  I still need to make a branch and vines for him to hang from and some yellow bananas to hang on the board.  Then I plan to attach the special pictures that my students bring to display during the week.DSCN1038 

Here is my guided reading table and zebra print word wall.DSCN1040

These shelves were originally blue but thanks to some help from my sister we painted them black before moving day and left the shelves all red.  They really seem to match the rest of the decor much better now.DSCN1039

Kelsey thought her Cat in the Hat doll looked cute in my big comfy chair.  I would like to find some zebra and leopard print pillows to go it in too.DSCN1041

The only place I could fit my desk was right inside the door.  I don’t know how well I’m going to like it here.DSCN1042 DSCN1043

In the back corner by the windows I’m planning to put my listening center.  I’m crossing my fingers that I can find some animal print beanbag chairs for the kids to sit in.DSCN1044 DSCN1045 DSCN1046

1 comment:

aleshia said...

Your room looks so adorable and so very organized! I love it! You are so creative and I can only hope that the teachers our boys have are as dedicated, fun and unique as you are! Have a great summer!