August 13, 2008

1st Day of School

Grant and I were both up bright and early to get ready for our first day of school. Even though Grant wouldn't admit it, I think he was a little nervous. This year he is going to a new school that has 2-5 grade. He has always felt so at home at my school because all of the staff know him and he knows his way around. My mom said before she took him this morning he was complaining about having a stomach ache, but as soon as he walked through the front door and the PE coach greeted him with a high five he was all better. After school when I asked him how his day was he said "it was tight". In other words, he had a great day!!!



I had my fair share of first day jitters as well. It's always scary going in that first day and not knowing entirely what to expect. If I had a dollar for everytime I said the name "Emma" today I would be able to go out and buy myself a new outfit to wear to school tomorrow. They seem to be a really fun group of kids. There are always a few that really challenge you each year and within the first few minutes I knew exactly which ones they would be this year.

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

I can't believe how much Grant has grown up! I still remember him as a little boy. He really looks like Jeff. I'm glad your first day went smoothly. I'm sorry we weren't able to get together this week. I am crossing my fingers for the next time I come to town :)