August 7, 2008

South Hall Girls

So the girls and I survived our first day back at school. It's always good to get back and see each other but getting up early this morning was really tough. For those of you who don't know all about my school, I teach 1st grade at Vermillion Primary School in Maize, KS. I work in a building with approximately 800 Pre-K thru 1st Grade students. There are 15 first grade classrooms.

This is team "South Hall".

This is me with Robin, Diane, Michelle & Kelsey.
Don't we look excited to be back!!!


Today was also a big day for our dog Spiro. He got a much needed hair cut. He always knows when he is going to the groomers. Jeff's grandma usually takes him along with her dog Maizy and he likes to play this fun game where he runs from side to side in the back seat of her car while she goes back and forth from door to door trying to catch him. We got him around Valentine's Day two years ago. He is a Boodle (Bichon/Poodle mix). We let the boys pick his name. Grant wanted to name him Spike, which didn't seem appropriate for a 2 lb little ball of fur, and Miles wanted to name him Jethro????? So Jeff put the two names together Spike & Jethro and came up with Spiro. Now you know who the creative one in the family is.



This was Sprio the day we got him. We had to put a bell around his neck because he was so tiny and he would get right under our feet and we wouldn't even know he was there.



This is a picture of Sprio yesterday before he got his haircut.
Isn't he cute????


Now here's what Sprio looks like today.
Not so cute . . . but much cooler!!!

Disregard the date on this picture I really did just take it tonight. I was playing with my camera and trying to turn off the date and I guess I just changed it instead. I guess I'll have to work on that before I take anymore pictures!!!

2 comments:

Jessica B said...

I was cracking up when I read that you had to put a bell on Spiro when he was little. We had to do the same thing with Jake.

Anonymous said...

Great job Kelly! Now I can keep up with the Bumgardner excitement. :)
Miss you!!!!
Julie