August 6, 2008

Summer Break

I've decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I need to thank my friends Jessica and Aleshia for inspiring me. I hope this will be a fun way to keep family and friends up to date on all of our happenings here at the Bumgardner home!!!

It's officially my last day of summer break. Tomorrow I have to report back to school for four fun filled days of teacher inservice before the kids come back. Between baseball games and little vacations our summer has just flown by.
Here is one of my favorite photos Jeff took during the season of Grant using his new camera. He became the official "team photographer".

After finally finishing up with baseball in mid July (we started practice at the end of January) we didn't have much time for a big vacation this year but we did find time for a small family getaway. We took the boys to Talequah on a 6 mile rafting trip. We were prepared for a long hot day on the river and to our amazement we were finished in a little less than three hours. Then we drove to Oklahoma City and spent a day at Whitewater Bay. The week after that Grant and I drove to Dallas to stay with my friend Kristen (Smith) Woods and her family while Jeff was in California. We had a great time like we always do down there shopping and playing around. Of course we hit all the shops on Harry Hines for some jewelry and purses and spent a long hot day at Hurricane Harbor. Kristen and I even managed a night out by ourselves for more shopping and drinks. Thanks Roy for watching the kids!!!

So those were some of our major summer highlights.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh... Thanks. The Kids are keeping me busy but I am actually loving it. I'm excited about this blogging thing. It should be fun. I can't wait to read more and see some of your pics.

Mandy

Jessica B said...

Yea...I'm so glad you decided to start a blog. You will have fun, trust me. I will definitely give you a call when I get to Kansas. I hope you had a good first day back at school.