December 19, 2008

Pajama Day

I have been looking forward to today for several weeks now. Could it be because I'm excited about all of the fun Christmas activities I had planned with my kids at school . . . nope, not really!! Could it be because it was my last day of school until January 5th . . . well maybe, I am pretty excited about that. Or was it because I got to wear my pajama's to school . . . yep, that was it!!! There's just something about taking a shower and getting ready for work and then slipping on your favoite pj's before you head out the door. The only problem came at the end of the day when I was thinking about stopping off at Target on my way home to pick up a few things and then I remembered what I was wearing and thought I might get a few crazy looks if I walked in wearing fuzzy snowflake pants.

A little explanation about the pajamas: Today we had "Polar Express Day" at school. We all wore our pajamas and did lots of fun Polar Express themed activities this morning. We even made festive bead and bell necklaces. I will probably hear little bells ringing in my sleep tonight!!! Then after lunch we got out our pillows and blankets and curled up to watch the movie. I have a super group of parents this year who wanted to host a party for us so they all came around 3:00 and we decorated Christmas cookies and had hot cocoa.

Here's a picutre of me and the girls all decked out in our pajama's.
















We had a school sing along too!!! Jen snapped this picture of us while we were waiting for the excitement to begin. You can only imagine how loud the gym was with 8 kdg classes and 15 first grade classes full of kids.
(Michelle, Kelsey, Mary, me of course & Diane)


No comments: