February 8, 2009

Gettin' Crafty

A few weeks ago my friend Julie sent me the link to website that had a cute football craft project that she thought Grant might enjoy making. While I was looking at other projects on that same site I came across directions for how to make cute decoupaged journals. So last weekend I ran to Michael's and bought some Mod Podge and decorative brads and picked up a few composition notebooks at Target (which were only 97 cents a piece) and came home and got started. I also bought a few 12x12 pieces of fun scrapbook paper but they weren't big enough to cover a whole notebook so I ended up just using some paper I already had here at home.


Here is a picture of how they turned out.













Grant loves to write and draw pictures so yesterday when I was at Hobby Lobby with my mom I grabbed some fun stickers and paper and thought I would let him make a few unique journals of his own. He had so much fun applying the stickers, and as you can see he used every single one. Last night he started writing lyrics to songs and drawing cute pictures of "rock stars" in this one.



















He's saving the baseball themed journal until the season starts to write about each game.



















I even made a Valentine's Day one for my secret pal at work.



















This project is so simple and inexpensive to do. I'm thinking I may let my kids at school make these as mother's day gifts.


2 comments:

aleshia said...

Hi Kelly! Just getting caught up on you...so glad you are feeling better after your scary episode! And oh my gosh-your journals are really cute and I think it would be such a cute project for your kids at school! I admire your craftiness!

Jessica B said...

These journals are adorable! They get me in the mood to do something crafty :)