February 6, 2009

Health Scare

I had a little bit of a health scare this week. At the time it didn't seem so little . . . It all started on Monday night after going to bed I began having the worst pains I have ever experienced. The pain was in the lower left side of my stomach and felt like someone was just stabbing me. I became super nauseated feeling and got that cold sweaty feeling you get right before you pass out. Jeff really wanted to take me to the hospital but the pain was so severe that I didn't think I could move. He was afraid it was my appendix or my gallbladder. Luckily after about 45 long minutes the pain began to somewhat ease up and I was able to go to sleep. On Tuesday I was extremely sore when I got up, but managed to go to work. Throughout the day the pain would come and go but nothing like it was the night before. I spent the majority of the evening on Tuesday laying on the couch with the heating pad and by Wednesday I was feeling back to normal. My mom was still worried about me so I made an appointment to see my doctor. After a pretty thorough check-up he is convinced that I had a cyst on my ovary that burst. I had never heard of anything like that happening . . . and hopefully I will never experience anything like it again. Just to be on the safe side I am scheduled to go in next week for a sonogram to make sure that there are no more cysts and nothing else to be worried about.

On a brighter note . . . we had parent/teacher conferences this week. Jeff and I met with Grant's teacher yesterday and she told us what a great job he is doing. We are so proud of how hard he works both at school and home. He really loves to read and write. Just tonight he spent hours writing letters to his favorite Disney stars . . . it was so cute!!! I bought him a BOP magazine several months ago and it had a page with addresses for fan clubs and he found it in a backpack tonight and was so excited. He has already taken two letters to the mailbox. I really hope he gets an autograph or something little back in the mail because I know he will be so disappointed if he doesn't.

We have a basketball game tomorrow and my parents are coming up to visit so hopefully I will have some fun photos to post. The weather is pretty nice here today and the forecast looks good again tomorrow so we may try to go to the park.

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

What a scary time. I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Hopefully they won't see anything else on the sonogram.