June 8, 2009

90th Birthday Celebration

On Friday morning we packed up the car and headed to KC for my nana's 90th birthday. On Saturday evening all of our family got together to celebrate at her house. We had a yummy BBQ dinner and birthday cake and we all had a chance to just be together and catch up. It's the first time we have done this since my grandpa passed away back in October.

Here's the birthday girl doing what she does best, cleaning the scraps off everyone's plates to give to the cats in the barn.























Isn't her birthday cake beautiful!!! It was all edible. Amazing huh?????
















After dinner we all went outside and had a little photo shoot. My step-aunt, who is a professional photographer, took oodles of pictures. I of course tried to snap a few shots of everyone once we were in position.
The girls - Karen, nana, mom and me






































I had alot of trouble deciding what to get nana for her birthday. I guess I should have started thinking about this alot sooner. She absolutely loves to go through her old pictures and tell us stories so I am going to help her make a photo album of her life. I gave her the task of picking out about 100 photos and then I am going to scan them all and have a hardback book printed. She's coming out to visit in a few weeks for my sisters birthday so we will probably get started then.

While we were at the farm I took alot of pictures of the boys. Hopefully I will have a chance to go through them today and post a few of my favorites tomorrow.

No comments: