June 18, 2009

The Big Sale


I was up at 6:00 this morning ready for business. Our neighborhood is sponsoring a garage sale Thursday-Saturday so it seemed like the perfect time to clean out every cabinet and closet and get rid of the things we don't use anymore. There was a big rush between 7:30 - 9:00 this morning but now things have really quieted down. I'm thinking around lunch time I may throw in the towel for the day and then try again tomorrow morning for a few hours. The good news is Goodwill is scheduled to come through the neighborhood on Monday morning to pick up everything that didn't sell.

I'm not a big garage saler so it's totally cracking me up when items are priced 25 cents and people are trying to offer me 10 cents. They seem to think they are getting a really good deal but what they don't know is I was probably just going to donate the item to good will anyways so at least now I have 10 cents. The hot garage sale items seems to be kids clothing which I priced at $1.00 per item (I was too lazy to price each one) and the odds and ends house decor. I put out several wrought iron baskets and wall hangings that were scooped up first thing this morning along with a big remote control Hummer that an old man tried to convince me was for his grandson, although he seemed awfully excited about it himself.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow my garage will be completely empty. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!


No comments: