June 30, 2009

The Lazy Days of Summer

We have been enjoying each and every day of summer break around the Bumgardner house the past few weeks. Most of our days have been filled with me getting up around 6:00 to go with my neighbor Mary on our 4 mile walk. Grant has been sleeping in until around 9:30-10:00 EVERY day and then we usually hit one of the neighborhood pools for a few hours every afternoon. Most evenings we are at the ballpark or practice. I've even read a few great books too!!!

Last week I hosted our neighborhood Bunco group on Thursday night at my house so I spent quite a bit of time cleaning and getting everything prepared. I've been wanting to paint the laundry room so this seemed like the perfect time to do it. I didn't really have a specific idea in mind when I went to look at paint but this color caught my eye and I kept going back to it. I kind of panicked when I put the first coat on because the paint looked more "candy apple" green than "olive" green like I was going for. It actually dried really nicely and I'm happy with the way it turned out. It's amazing how much a $20 can of paint can spiff up a room.





















In other exciting news . . . I got a new iPhone on Friday and boy do I love it!!! By new iPhone I actually mean a hand-me-down from Jeff because he of course got the new improved model that just came out and I got his old one. Somehow that's how things always work out around the Bumgardner house.
















I did however pick out this spiffy new pink protective case for it. I also had to change my cell # because my contract with Sprint finally ended and I switched over to AT&T so Jeff and I can finally have the same carrier. You wouldn't think changing your number would be such a big deal but it's been a pain trying to update my contacts and notify everyone of my new #. To top it off we cancelled our home phone and we are going to try to just use our cell's. It probably isn't going to be too big of deal because most people call me on my cell anyway but it is definetely going to take some getting used to.
This morning I harvested the tomatoes from the plants we have in large pots on our back porch. Hopefully by the end of the summer we'll have enough for a salad :)

















Tonight we are headed back to the ballpark to finish up the games in the Father's Day tournament that got rained out. Grant has been struggling with his batting recently so I made him a deal this afternoon. We hit the fireworks stands earlier and he is dying to do a few. So, I told him for every hit he gets tonight we will do one firework. Hopefully we'll have a mini 4th of July celebration tonight.

1 comment:

Parks Family said...

Your laundry room looks great. Now come over and do mine! HA:) Glad you are enjoying your summer!