March 22, 2010

Chef Grant

Grant has ALWAYS liked to help in the kitchen.  As a little guy he always wanted to help me “mix the gredients” and he asked to crack the eggs anytime he saw me get them out to make cookies.   So I guess it’s no surprise that as he has gotten older he has continued to want to help out.  Last week I taught him how to peel potatoes.  I have to admit I was a little nervous.  I have never really let him use anything too sharp.  But as you can see from the pictures he did a great job.  Thanks to his hard work we had yummy garlic mashed potatoes for dinner during Spring Break.   DSC_0113 DSC_0114

Tonight we had tacos for dinner and he got an idea to make himself a special little treat with the leftover tortilla.  He covered it with peanut butter, slices of banana (which as you can see in the picture he cut on his own) and topped it off with a little honey.DSC_0139DSC_0142

I have to end this post with a cute little story about Grant cooking.  A few weeks ago my friend Becky and I were invited to a CAbi party at my neighbors house.  Jeff was out of town and her husband had plans so we thought it would probably be ok if we left our boys (who are both the same age) together at my house for a little bit to play XBox games while we shopped and enjoyed a few beverages and snacks.  {I’m sure this makes me sound like such a super mother!}  Anyways, I was telling Grant about it on the way to school earlier that week and he got so excited about making Alec and himself dinner.  He thought he might just try to make some fried rice like we had for dinner the night before.  My response was of course, “Are you kidding me?”.  I assured him Becky and I would make sure they were fed before we left.

 

No comments: