March 16, 2010

Spring Break – Day 1 & 2

Yesterday I was very productive.  I woke up relatively early and got started on the basement bathroom.  I’ve been wanting to paint it for a while and decided this was as good a time as any so I pulled my hair back, threw on some old clothes and went to       Wal-Mart to look at paint colors.  I had an idea in mind of a dark brown {with all white accessories} but couldn’t find the right shade.  After talking to the paint guy for a little bit he showed me a color that a designer in town comes in and gets on a regular basis {Steady Brown} and he told me he had used it in his house too and he loved it.  So after a little persuasion he mixed me up a gallon and I headed home to get started.  I wasn’t so sure it was the color I wanted but once I got it up on the wall I fell in love with it.  I used the Kilz Brand paint which is only supposed to require one coat . . . and that’s all it took.   Here a few pictures of the finished product. 

DSC_0097 DSC_0107 DSC_0108 DSC_0110 I ended up just putting the towels and shower curtain that I already had back up for now but I would still like to get a white shower curtain and white towels.  I also want a few large white photo frames and wall hangings to put on the walls.

Today I spent the day relaxing.  I actually read an ENTIRE book.  I started it last night and just couldn’t put it down.  Grant had a friend here {Hunter, my friend Amy’s son from Winfield} and they entertained themselves all day playing outside and then playing some zombie game on the XBox 360 so I had lots of quiet time to curl up in my big chair and just read.  Tomorrow though I’m going to drag the ladder and paint supplies back out and get started on our master bathroom.  Jeff thought the basement bathroom turned out so good and he reminded me how bad our master bathroom paint is.  So check back later this week for some more pictures.

No comments: