March 26, 2010

What’s For Dinner

Tonight Grant had baseball practice so I decided to take advantage of having the house to myself and I got started on my first few assignments for my master’s class.  Two hours later Jeff called on their way home from practice and asked “What’s for dinner?”  Of course I hadn’t even thought about that.  All I had on my mind was how to navigate my way around Blackboard and post something about how to motivate my students.  So I quickly ran to the refrigerator and started to pull out leftovers.  Luckily since I hosted BUNCO last night there were several choices and there was even some leftover queso & taco meat from Wednesday night and spaghetti that Granny had sent over.

Grant is a HUGE fan of iCarly so he got the big idea tonight to make spaghetti tacos out of the leftovers like he has seen on the show.  Even though they sound awful he seemed to really enjoy them.  I don’t know if it was the taste or just the idea of eating something he had seen Spencer eat on TV.  Either way he sucked down two pretty quickly. DSCN0004 DSCN0005

We’re crossing our fingers that we don’t get too much rain overnight.  Grant’s baseball team is playing in their first pre-season tournament this weekend.  From the looks of the forecast I won’t be surprised if the games are either cancelled or we have some big rain delays tomorrow.  Even if the rain clears up it will be super muddy and that’s not really the way I would like for him to break in his brand new white pants.  You have no idea how hard it is to get them clean. 

No comments: