September 18, 2008

Another CAbi Party

So tonight I went to my third CAbi party of the season . . . that's right third. Needless to say, I bought a few more fun fall/winter items. Even though the clothes are all a bit pricey, they are such great quality and wash up so nicely. The party was at my friend Cathy's house. She booked a party for the fall back in May when I hosted my first party and as a little thank you I got a 1/2 price item tonight. Yea for me!!! Plus after losing so much weight I am in need of new clothes for the season and kind of feel like I deserve a treat!!!

For those of you who don't know, I started Weight Watchers back in January with a group of 25 teachers from my district, and as of this morning when I weighed in, I have lost 43.7 lbs. It's kind of hard for me to believe!!! I was really down in the dumps this morning because last night when I got home from work I weighed myself like I usually do (I am a little obsessed right now) and I was up 2 lbs. Usually I try to be extra careful on Wednesday's in preparation for Thursday morning weigh in so I was shocked at the weight gain. This morning I was still weighing 2 lbs more. I was feeling really frustrated the entire time I was getting ready for work and was having little internal conversations with myself the whole way to school and finally talked myself into just going to weigh in despite my bad mood. I don't know what happened on the drive, but when I stepped on the scale I had lost .6 lbs. Now I know that is not a lot, but it came as a total shock to me. I even stepped off the scale and made my friend Ginger weigh me again because I was sure there was something wrong with the new fancy scale. But, nope I was a loser this week, which is a good thing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! You rock! I wish I could become so motivated. I'm still trying to lose this baby weight. I would love some insight. You are having great success. Way to go!

Jessica B said...

Wow Kelly. I can't believe you have lost that much weight. I would have never thought you had that much to lose. You definitely deserved some new clothes. Of course I always think girls deserve new clothes :)

aleshia said...

That's so great, Kelly! Weight Watchers seems to be such a healthy lifestyle! Congrats on your hard work and willpower-you definately deserve some new clothes! Aleshia

Kelly Bumgardner said...

Thanks for all of your kind words guys. Weight Watchers really is more of a lifestyle than a diet. It's all about making healthy choices and I think it has made me even more aware of the foods Grant eats. I actually ate my first fried food since January just a few weeks ago when I went out for drinks after work. Also having a good friend weigh me every week has kept me on track probably more so than if a stranger had been looking at the scale!!!