May 6, 2009

Field Day & Spring Party

Today was a big day for Grant. He had Field Day this morning and then his Spring Party this afternoon. Jeff and I were able to split the day up. Jeff went this morning and got to watch Grant compete in all of the events at Field Day, we met for a quick lunch at Taco Bell, and then I went this afternoon to his party. He of course still had to make me feel guilty for not going this morning :)

Jeff took the camera and got some great pictures of Grant. I especially loved this action shot!!!















































Here's Grant picking himself up after he fell on the balance beam. After seeing myself on the balance games on our Wii Fit I've decided he must take after me!!!























One of the events was the softball throw. The record for the day in 2nd grade was in the 50 foot range and then Grant shattered it by throwing the ball 97 feet. Everyone was amazed!!!

The Spring party had a garden theme. I was in charge of drinks so I made "Bug Juice" (lemonade). The kids all got personalized flower pots filled with a yummy snack mix, flower shaped cheese, and a piece of a caterpillar shaped cake. It was adorable. Then they went outside to the playground and got to dig for buried plastic bugs in the sand with their own shovel. It was a big hit!!!































































This is Grant with his teacher, Mrs. Hobbs, who we absolutely adore. She pulled me aside this afternoon to tell me how much she has loved having Grant in her class this year. She told me he is so focused in class is so well behaved and is a real leader. She told me that watching him this morning participating in the field day events amazed her because on top of doing so well in school she got to see how athletic he is. She told me she expected great things from him. It was so nice to hear such wonderful things about our little boy. We are so proud of him!!!






















No comments: