May 31, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Project

I've always got a list of things that I would like to do around the house so today I decided to tackle one. I made the mistake of getting new kitchen furniture with cloth seats when we moved into our house 4 years ago. Needless to say the fabric isn't as clean as it once was. So today I ventured out to the fabric store and found two coordinating upholstery fabrics on the clearance racks. For less than $30 I bought a little over 8 yards of fabric.



















As soon as I got home I used the screwdriver to pop the cushions out of my chairs and barstools and with the help of a staple gun I spent most of the afternoon recovering almost all of my seats. I say almost because I of course ran out of staples with one barstool left to go. That's how things seem to work out for me most of the time.

So for tonight we have one old and one new barstool left in the kitchen.































After I finish recovering the last barstool my plan is to use the other fabric to make a runner for my table and maybe even a few pillows, we'll see!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the new fabric! Great deal!!! Don't you love summer vacation to get a few things done around the house??