May 3, 2009

Movies & Farkel

This weekend we spent a fairly quiet "family" weekend together at home. Despite running a few errands, we managed to squeeze in a few movies, play a couple of games of Farkel, do some yardwork, and I even got to catch up on a few of my DVR'd shows.

On Friday night Jeff drove to Emporia to pick up Miles and I went right after school to a suprise birthday party for my assistant principal at Players. Grant spent the night at the Bontrager's house so after Jeff and Miles made it home we watched a Dateline mystery (which I always love) and then Jeff and I finally finished the movie Milk that we had started two nights earlier. Unfortunately it was pretty late each night when we would finally sit down to watch it and after about 30 minutes, and 1/2 of an Ambien, I could hardly hold my eyes open.

Saturday somehow went by extra fast. Grant had a birthday party at All Star Sports and I ran all around the west side of town trying to get all of the supplies I needed for the gifts I am going to have my kids make this week at school for Mother's Day. Finally Saturday night we all settled down and watched the new James Bond movie Quantam of Solace and played Farkel. The boys were so silly the whole time we were playing. It's a game my family has played for years. I have so many memories of sitting at the kitchen table with my Nana and Mick and rolling the dice trying to be the first one to get 10,000 points.























































Grant was the winner, twice!!!






















This morning since it wasn't raining Jeff was mowed the yard, the boys played basketball and I worked on getting all of my winter clothes put away and all of my spring/summer stuff out. What a job!!!








































On a bright note . . . only 14 more days of school left!!!

No comments: