May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

What better way to spend Mother's Day than watching your son play baseball. We spent the majority of our weekend camped out at the ballpark. Grant had two games on Saturday and two games again on Sunday. All of our sitting and cheering paid off because his team won 1st place.

The Cardinal's with Coach Dreifort

















Luckily I had my camera with me this time because Grant hit another homerun in his first game on Saturday. Here he is up to bat right before his big hit.






















There was another runner on base so here they are rounding third base heading into home.















I love the looks on all the boys faces as they cheered Grant on from home plate.















Grant also got a little action pitching and playing in the outfield. Most of his time however was spent behind the plate as the catcher, which somehow I didn't get any pictures of.












































In other exciting news . . . Jeff's sister Melissa and her family got here on Saturday. They live in the San Franciso area. It's been over a year since we've seen them. They are We were so excited to see the girls. Maggie is 2 1/2 and Loralie is 9 months old. They are going to be staying with us all week. I was so happy tonight when I got home from school because both of the girls, who are super shy, seemed to finally begin warming up to me. Maggie and I have been outside countless times with a cup watering all the flowers on the deck and front porch and as long as mommy is not in view Loralie seems to be pretty happy with me too. They are loving Sprio and seem to think almost everything Grant does is funny.

Here's Miss Loralie.























And here's Miss Maggie giving me a super cheesy smile.






















No comments: