April 28, 2010

My Little Tween

  DSCN0557

I was watching the Today Show this morning while Grant was getting ready for school and saw a segment all about Tweens.   I’ve heard this word several times but never realized that I am actually the mother of a tween.  For those of you who don’t know what a tween is don’t feel bad.  According to the Today show it is a child between the ages of 8-12.  They are in the pre-adolescent stage.  Not really a little kid anymore but not quite a teenager.  Thank goodness because that would really make me feel old!!!  It’s hard for me to believe that he is nearly 10 years old.  Gosh time flies by quickly.

After the segment ended I went into Grant’s room to see if he was almost ready for school and after taking a good look realized just how grown up he is getting.  He is so independent these days and as you can tell from the pictures very picky about what he wears.  It’s VERY important to him that he looks cool.  Note the black Converse and two necklaces around his neck!!!  He also wants to make sure his hair is spiked and he has on a few sprays of his cologne that he got for Christmas before we leave the house.  I have to admit it makes me a little teary eyed to see him growing up so quickly.

But then there are the little things that he does [like asking me to tie his shoes, tuck him into bed, read him a story, cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie, lay with him before he goes to sleep] that reminds me that he is still my little boy.

DSCN0558

No comments: