April 4, 2010

Weekend in Winfield

Saturday morning we packed up the car and headed down to Winfield.  Grant was invited to Hunter’s skating birthday party.  Hunter’s mom Amy and I have been friends since our freshman year at Southwestern.  I have to admit I was a little excited about the skating party too because it’s been years since I was last at the skating rink in Winfield and from the looks of things it doesn’t look like it’s changed very much.

Here’s Grant and the birthday boy.  They are both 9 year old now!!!DSCN0192 

Grant got to play the number game.  This was always one of my favorite things as a kid when I went to the skating rink.  I have to admit I was a little jealous.  Grant won on his very first time playing.  What a lucky boy!!!  I don’t think I ever won as a kid.   DSCN0172

He won a free skating pass.  We knew we wouldn’t be back in town to use it so he gave it to Ava (Hunter’s little sister).DSCN0175 

Grant also got to play the limbo.  He didn’t do so great at this game.  I managed to snap this photo right before he knocked the pole off.DSCN0191 DSCN0159DSCN0165

Thanks Jones family for a fun afternoon at the skating rink.DSCN0185

After an afternoon of playing Hunter and Ava came over to my parent’s house for dinner and a little tennis. DSCN0198 DSCN0205DSCN0202

Sunday morning Grant was up earlier than expected to see all of his Easter goodies.  This year the Easter bunny didn’t bring him lots of candy.  Instead he got a new shirt, a digital copy of The Blind Side to watch on his iTouch, sidewalk chalk, super bubbles and sugar free bubble gum.  DSCN0213

While Grandma was busy making lunch and mommy was working on homework Papa took Grant, Daddy & Aunt Karen out on the farm to see Paul’s new border collie puppies.  Aren’t they adorable??  I think Grant was secretly wishing the Easter bunny had brought him one of these too.  Spiro might have been a little jealous though.

DSCN0209DSCN0210DSCN0211DSCN0212

Happy Easter from our family to yours!!!

No comments: