April 16, 2010

We’re Still Here

Don’t worry . . . we are still here.  It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.  We’ve had so much going on the past few weeks with birthday celebrations and baseball games and just life in general.  Not to mention most of my spare time has been taken up with homework.  This whole master’s thing is really a lot of work!!!

I celebrated by 32nd birthday on April 7th.  We enjoyed a nice dinner out at Timberline where I had a delightful loaded sweet potato.  Gosh I love sweet potatoes!!!  The boys surprised me a few weeks ago with an early gift.  I was in need of a new little camera so they got me this  Nikon.  So far I’ve been really happy with it.  It’s very small and fits nicely in my purse.

nikon-coolpix-s230

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then beginning on Thursday, April 8th Grant’s baseball team played in the Hardball Classic which is the annual pre-season tournament at Westurban.

Here are some pictures I took with my new camera.  Grant is behind the plate playing catcher.DSCN0309

Here’s Grant at bat.  He had a HUGE hit on Thursday night.  I really thought he had a home run but it landed just inside the fence.DSCN0312 

Don’t be confused by the uniforms.  The boys got new navy blue shirts this year so they wore them for their games on Thursday and Saturday and then wore the old red ones on Sunday. 

Here are a few pictures I took with our Nikon DS80 before the battery died on Sunday.  It only lasted for about 15 minutes.  I still don’t know if there is a problem with the battery or the charger.  It’s been having problems for a while.  I guess I need to find a camera store here in town and go talk to them.  Even though it’s a HUGE camera to drag to the ballpark I love the quality of the pictures.DSC_0165DSC_0164DSC_0163DSC_0162

Miles also came down over the weekend to visit.  It was so nice to have him around.  We don’t get to see him nearly as often as we would like.  We had planned to have family pictures taken on Saturday in Winfield but had to cancel at the last minute due to our baseball schedule. 

Here’s the boys in the backseat on the way to the game.DSCN0317

Between games on Saturday we celebrated my birthday and Miles birthday.  He turned 16 on Wednesday {April 14th}.  My mom and dad, sister, grandma & Nana all came up to visit.  We opened presents and had my traditional Neapolitan birthday cake. 

Grant with Nana and Grandma NormaDSCN0318

The boys being silly.  I attempted to take this picture several times and could never get all of them to look at me.DSCN0330

Granny was being silly too.  Here she is trying to wear Grant’s baseball cap. DSCN0319

No comments: