March 12, 2009

Class Pet

Grant has been waiting for this day for weeks now and it has finally arrived. He won a drawing at school to bring home their class pet over Spring Break. I'm convinced this contest must have been rigged by his wonderful teacher. I'm wondering just how many pieces of paper had Grant's name on them in the drawing!!!!!

This is Nibbles.



















Grant hasn't had alot of experience with gerbils (or other rodents) outside of school so this should be an exciting experience for him. I think he is under the impression that he is going to play with Nibbles ALL day long. He has already had him in the ball several times and requested a big storage container to put him in so he can crawl around. He even placed several of Spiro's toys in it for him to play with and climb on. What is he thinking?!?!?! Maybe the better question is "What was I thinking letting him sign up?"


There is another funny story about Nibbles that I think you might enjoy. A few days before school starts we have "Meet Your Teacher Night". Jeff was out of town so I took Grant to meet his teacher at his new school and that is where we first met Nibbles too. My sister met me afterwards to pick Grant up and watch him so I could go to my school to meet my new class and while he was with her he told her all about his teacher and classroom. He also told her about their class pet named "Nipples". My sister was pretty sure (ok, most certain) that this was not the gerbils name but Grant was convinced that is what his teacher told him. After thinking for a few minutes my sister asked if he thought maybe he misunderstood and she really said "Nibbles". He thought that might be it. We all got a laugh out of that story!!!

1 comment:

kkeckler said...

UM we aren't allowed to have class pets at VPS....WHAT THE F?!?!? I would love to have a lil creature! Thats not fair!!