March 25, 2009

My Bionic Man

I seem to have my very own Bionic man here at home. Jeff underwent yet another surgery today on his arm. This would be the same side that he had his shoulder surgery on back in February. This time it was for carpal tunnel and anterior transposition of the ulnar nerve which is just the fancy way of saying they opened the underside of his elbow (about a 6 inch incision)and moved the ulnar nerve to the other side of his arm. So now he has his arm in a cast for the next 2-6 weeks. We are all crossing our fingers that this will be our last visit to a surgery center for a long time.

He definetely has his appetite back. On the way home we had to stop off a Burger King for some mini burgers ????? I don't know where that idea came from because I can't remember the last time we ate there. He has also had most of the cinnamon streussel bread I made last night and ice cream with lots of fudge topping poured all over it. Luckily with a little help from the anesthesia earlier today and the Percocet that he came home with he is already sound asleep.

No comments: