March 19, 2009

Grant's New Improved Room

Welcome to Grant's "new improved" room. Come on in and take a look around. After a few days of hard work it is finally finished. My mom and I worked ALL day yesterday painting and then I spent most of the day today getting his room put back together. So much for a relaxing Spring Break!!! He loves it though and keeps giving me hugs and kisses so it was all worth it.

The paint color is alot darker than what he had before. We ended up choosing a Valspar color called "hemp" from Lowes. It seemed like a pretty dramatic change of color when we first started but the more we got up on the walls the more I loved it. I like the warm feel it gave the room.


















When I began moving everything back in the room I rearranged the furniture and wall hangings somewhat. It made the room feel like it was "brand new".


















One of the new items in the room are the shelves. We bought them at Lowe's for him to use to display all of his basketball and baseball trophies on. One of my favorite things in his room is this dresser. Jeff's mom bought it at a garage sale at least 10 years ago and refinished it with fun bright colors. Miles used it for several years and then Grant finally inherited it.




















One of the unique things about Grant's room is that he has his own full bathroom. It took us nearly 5 hours to do this little room. There were so many things to trim around. We probably should have started in there first because by the end of the day we were getting tired and the little hot bathroom wasn't much fun.


















Thanks again mom for all of your help. There's know way I could have done it all in one day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The room looks great! What a big job for one day. You must have been exhausted.