July 12, 2009

Belated Birthday Wishes

This has been a huge birthday week for us. So many of our friends and family members have celebrated this week. I began last weekend with the intentions of posting birthday wishes to everyone each day . . . now here it is a week later so I thought I better get caught up.

On Monday Jeff's grandmother celebrated her 80th birthday.

On Tuesday my friend Diane who teaches across the hall from me celebrated her birthday. We spent a fun day together with a few of the girls from work having lunch and shopping. (Of course I forgot to bring my camera!)

My neighbor, and good friend, Amy celebrated her birthday on Tuesday as well. Grant and I went over that evening and enjoyed a delicious dinner prepared by her husband Aaron.
























My friend Shelby also celebrated her 31st birthday on Tuesday. Shelby and I were suitemates our freshman year at Southwestern. We had some amazing times together. Unfortunately she transferred the following year to a college in Oklahoma and life got busy and we lost touch over the years. Luckily with the help of Facebook we have just began reconnecting. Shelby lives in Broken Bow, OK with her husband and their two daughters. So many things have happened in both of our lives and it's been fun for us to catch up over the past few months.

















On Wednesday our adorable neice Lorelei celebrated her 1st birthday. We got to meet her for the first time in May when they came back to visit. I wish she didn't live so far away so we could have been there to celebrate with her. Hopefully we will be able to make a trip out to see her soon. I'm crossing my fingers that Jeff gets some California offices next year so we will have plenty of excuses to go.
























On Thursday my sister Karen celebrated her 28th birthday. We went to Winfield on Saturday morning to spend the day with my family and celebrate.

















Some of you might be wondering about her earrings. Well . . . last week Jeff's grandma called me and asked if my sister had her ears pierced. Of course she does so Gran wanted me to come over and get her old earrings and see if my sister would like to have any of them. She had been cleaning and decided it was time to get rid of them. She told me to go through them too and take what I wanted. At first glance there was only one pair of big gold hoops that I would EVER consider wearing. Let's just say I don't really know when any of them were in style. So, as a joke we took the box full of earrings to Winfield to give to my sister. They ended up entertaining us most of the night.

Here were a few of our favorites:

I think Jeff thought these were a little too much!!!






























Believe it or not . . . the longer I wore this pair the more I kind of liked them. Don't really know what I would wear them with though!!!! I ended up saving them. Who knows I might find the perfect outfit someday.

Nana and Grant were both ready for a night on the town.






















No comments: