July 16, 2009

Week With The Wood's

This week my Kristen and her girls came to visit from Texas. Kristen and I met when I was a sophomore in highschool and we were partnered up to play doubles together on the WHS tennis team. We have been friends ever since. It's always so much fun to get together with Kristen and her family. I just wish they didn't live so far away.

Kristen and the girls arrived on Monday afternoon and we just spent a lazy day around the house catching up and letting the kids play. We of course had to watch "The Batchelor" and then after it was over we made ice cream sundaes for the kids.

















On Tuesday morning we got up early for a 4-mile walk and then home to do my 30 Day Shred Video. (I'll tell you all about that in another post.) Then we ran a few quick errands and hit the pool for the day. We packed a cooler full of sandwiches, snacks and drinks and spent the majority of the afternoon soaking up the sun.

Here are some pictures from the pool.






















































































































On Wednesday morning we got up early for another walk and 30 Day Shred session. Then we got everyone showered and cleaned up and headed downtown to have lunch at Margaritas (which is one of my favorite Mexican restraunts). Our next stop was Old Town. It is a great place to take pictures on the old brick streets so I litterally took about 200 pictures of the kids. It was the perfect day because the sun was hiding behind the clouds and it was about 20 degrees cooler than it was the day before. Thanks to Kristen I even got a few shots of Grant and I together. Here are a few of my favorites.


























































































































































































































































On our way home we stopped one last time at the riverwalk in front of the Hyatt Hotel downtown for a few more pictures. This was my favorite shot of Grant.























Wednesday night Kristen and I got a babysitter and hit the town. First we went out east and did some kid free shopping at Town East Mall. My big purchase for the evening was a pair of DKNY jeans from Van Maur that were on sale for $14. Then we drove back out west and went to Emerson Biggin's for drinks. I obviously had more fun than I remembered becasue I woke up feeling pretty bad on Thursday morning. Needless to say there was no walking or 30 Day Shredding the next morning.























Once again on Thursday we got the kids all dressed up again and went down to the lake and bridge in my neighborhood for a few more pictures. Jeff got home earlier that day so he was able to join us for a few pictures too. I think he was wishing he hadn't come home early!!!















































Kristen has some extended family that live here in Wichita so on Thursday night she and the girls met them for dinner. That gave me a chance to hang out at home for a few hours and catch up on dishes, laundry, etc . . . This morning they got up bright and early and headed home. I was so sad to see them leave. Hopefully we will be able to see them again this fall. I always love taking a long weekend and going to see them and do some shopping in Dallas.

We are leaving early Monday morning to head to Colorado for a week of vacation so I've got to get busy packing and getting my house in order before we leave. Our weekend looks like it's going to be very busy. Grant is playing in his last baseball tournament of the season and we have to be at the ballpark on Saturday morning by 7:15 and it looks like we will be there ALL day and then again on Sunday.

No comments: