January 10, 2009

Back to the Real World

It has been tough getting back to the real world this week. I guess I must have really gotten spoiled over Christmas break because this week has been horrible. It probably didn't help that we had something going on every single night. Our week went a like this:

Monday evening Grant had a basketball game.

Tuesday morning Jeff left before 5 am to head to OK for a few days of office audits so I was on my own. After school we hurried home and ate and then headed right back out the door to basketball practice. I guess I should add that before practice we chased the dog all over the neighborhood because he got out without his collar on. If Grant hadn't been in tears I probably wouldn't have bothered chasing after him because I knew he would come back. By the time we finally got home from practice and got his homework done it was already time for bed.

Wednesday night I ran to the grocery store right after school, came home and started whipping up snacks for Bunco. Then my sister came over to babysit Grant and I went to a baseball meeting that lasted nearly 3 hours. And I would like to add that it was the most stressful evenings I have had in a long time.

Thursday morning I woke up feeling awful about everything that happened at the baseball meeting the night before. After suffering through a full day of not feeling very good at work I hurried home and got the house ready for Bunco. Thank goodness Jeff got home and was able to help me.

Friday finally arrived and I did what I had been dreaming about all week long. I came home, put on my pajama pants and just laid on the couch and started catching up on all of the new shows I missed this week. Gosh I love DVR. I even turned down an invitation from my friend Ginger to go to a jewelry party.

Now it's Saturday afternoon and I'm back on the couch watching more recorded shows. We did get up early for a basketball game this moring and then Grant got invited to go over to a friends house to play. We have dinner planned with my grandparents and a few of my step aunts and uncles who are in town visiting from KC. Then we are going to a late movie with Jeff's family who is in town from Topeka visiting.

Hopefully next week won't be so busy and I'll do a better job updating my blog!

No comments: