January 28, 2009

No Surgery

We've been gearing up for Jeff's shoulder surgery for several weeks now and found out this afternoon that it is not going to take place as planned. When I called to confirm what time we needed to check in tomorrow morning at the surgery center I found out that Jeff hadn't quit taking his Plavix (blood thinner) 10 days ago so they won't do the surgery. I was of course upset with Jeff for not following the directions he was given by the doctor and informed him he could call angry nurse Diana back to figure out what the next step was. Come to find out they had never told him he had to means I need to apologize to Jeff, huh???

So now I have very detailed lesson plans ready for me to follow on Thursday and Friday instead of a sub. The good news is I won't have to miss Kansas Day tomorrow and I have an excuse for wearing jeans and my favorite KU shirt to work.

No comments: