January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

I would like to begin by wishing my dad a happy birthday. Today he is celebrating his 62nd birthday. It seems like just yesterday we were planning his big suprise 60th birthday party and here it is already two years later. Wow, how time flies!



Grant spent the night down in Winfield last night and this morning he and grandma got up and baked papa a birthday cake. We all got together for cake and gifts at my grandma's house this afternoon. I guess I didn't get the camera out soon enough because by the time I got into the kitchen to take a picture of the cake a few pieces were already missing.

There is kind of a funny story about his birthday gift. Yesterday I went out and did a little shopping and I found the perfect gift. He really likes John Grisham books so I got him the newest one called The Appeal. When I got home my sister called, and believe it or not, she had got him the very same thing. So this morning we got up and went to Wal-Mart to look for another gift and Jeff found a Black and Decker automatic wrench that he thought my dad would like. We bought it and wrapped it and then when my dad opened it up he said he already had one. He ended up giving it to Jeff. So now I have the new John Grisham book and Jeff has a new wrench and my dad still doesn't have a birthday gift from us. I guess I will try again tomorrow. Hopefully the third time will be a charm.


I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve. Ours ended up being very quiet. We had invites from our friends The Batchelder's & The Dyers to come to parties at their houses but Jeff ended up coming down with the stomach flu that has been going around. He tried to get me to go ahead and go but I hated to leave him here alone. I ended up laying on the couch and watching Brokeback Mountain (which I had never seen) and eating too much of the 7 layer Mexican dip I had made to take to one of the parties. Jeff tried to get up a few times and somehow it alway seemed to be during one of the intimate male scenes in the movie and he would just grumble and head back to bed.


Thank goodness this stomach flue seems to be short lived. He was feeling much better today. Now I just need to cross my fingers that Grant and I don't come down with it.

No comments: