January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Kristen

I would like to wish my friend Kristen a happy 32nd birthday. Kristen and I met at the beginning of my sophomore year in high school when we became tennis partners after she moved to Winfield from Ireland and we have remained friends throughout the years. It's hard to believe that it's been 14 years!

Kristen lives outside of Fort Worth with her husband Roy and their two adorable daughters Maddie and Grace. We try to get our families together a few times during the year to see each other. We kind of have a tradition of going down to their house every summer to visit and they usually make it up here during the fall for Arkalalah. (I'm sure I didn't spell that right.)

Kristen and I have always had so much fun together and managed to get ourselves into a little trouble over the years. I can't help but laugh when I think about us wrecking her mom's car by the fairgrounds when we were chasing after Barclay Wilt & Tony Russell, or the night that Rachel and her got into a fight in her front yard or when we got a little intoxicated and thrown out of a bowling alley in Springfield, Mo. The memories of our fun times go on and on just like I hope our friendship will.

No comments: