April 7, 2009

A Day of Celebrations

Today I celebrated my 31st birthday. I guess that means I'm officially not just 30 anymore . . . I'm actually in my 30's now. Most of my celebrating today involved food. Which means tomorrow I will really have to start the after birthday dieting.

This morning it all began with a batch of chocolate chip cookies that my para Mary made for me and the class. Then at lunch time the girls in hallway all ordered lunch for us from Pei Wei. This is a huge treat because we only get 50 minutes for lunch and that's not usually enough time for anyplace fun to eat. My friend Lori (aka Mrs. Spear's daughter) baked me this adorable cake. It was as yummy as it was cute!!!
The girls also got me a fun sterling silver cross necklace, a gift certificate to my favorite restraunt Bella Luna, some Bath & Body Works lotions and bath gels and then my friend Becky bought me these unique little butterfly clips that she saw when she was in Aspen over spring break. I'm not exactly for sure what I'm going to do with them yet. I think they might look cute clipped onto a bow on top of a package or even clipped to a flowerpot on my front porch.
Then at the end of the day after I dropped my kids off at music I had a real suprise. They snuck back to the room with the help of the music teacher and the parent of one of my kiddos and hid under their desk to suprise me with a birthday celebration. We had the biggest chocolate chip cookie cake ever and they all chipped in to give me a gift certicate to Beau Monde for a massage. What a super class!!!

Don't think the eating is over yet . . . tonight me, Grant and my sister all drove down to Derby to meet my parents at Applebee's for dinner. Unfotunately Jeff is out of town so he missed out on all the fun.
I did get to unwrap a gift from the boys today. They went out on Saturday and did some secret shopping. They got me this fun "K" necklace I had mentioned a few months ago. I also suprised Jeff when I thanked him for the sweater he got me. He acted a little confused at first and then finally figured out that I bought it for myself yesterday and just called it a birthday present from him. Am I the only one who does things like that?!?!

On Sunday Jeff's grandma brought over a gift all wrapped up in a Dillard's bag. It was this Kate Landry bag that I picked out a few months ago on one of our shopping trips. It is lined with the neatest black and white zebra print fabric. I absolutely love it!!!
It's been such a great day. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. Thanks to everyone for such a special day and all of the wonderful gifts.

3 comments:

Jessica B said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day. Good food and wonderful gifts...sounds like the perfect day.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had an awesome day. I love all of these April Birthday's. Happy Birhtday!

Parks Family said...

Hi Kelly! I am excited I have the link to your blog now and we can keep in touch! Hope you had a wonderful birtday! Oh...and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the purse you got for your birthday:)