April 2, 2009

Hardball Classic - Game 1

We are still trying to thaw out tonight after Grant's first baseball game in the pre-season tournament. This morning it was spitting snow and sleeting off and on but that didn't shut down the ball fields. Tonight be bundled up and braved the 40 degree weather (with wind) and watched the first of many baseball games of the season.

I made Grant pose for a quick picture when we first got to the field tonight. I knew these pants would never be quite as white again.




















He hit a double his first time up to bat.




















Here is he on 3rd base.



















Luckily my fingers weren't too frozen to snap this shot of him running into home to score the 2nd run of the night.



















We had a 6-2 victory over the Heaters
. We play again on Saturday at 2:30 and then the real tournament action starts later than day and all day on Sunday. I'm just crossing my fingers for warmer weather.

No comments: