April 16, 2009

Invention Convention

Today Grant took part in the annual 2nd grade "Invention Convention". They have been studying about famous inventors for the past few months in his class and then to finish up the unit they were each assigned the task of creating their own invention. Their invention was supposed to be something to make their everyday life easier. So with a little help from Jeff and his dad Grant invented . . .
























The Spinning Fork . . . which of course is to make eating spaghetti easier.
























This afternoon they had an open house for parents to come in and see all of the great inventions. I was a little worried about the fork breaking so we didn't officially try it out until today. This morning before work I made the thinnest pasta I had in the pantry and added alot of olive oil so the noodles wouldn't be too sticky. I think I may have added a bit too much though because they were so slimy that they kept slipping off the fork.
























Tomorrow is an inservice day for me so Grant went to Winfield to stay with my parents. He was already begging my mom as soon as he got out of the car to make spaghetti for dinner so he could eat it with his fork. I'm a little nervous about how it will work with the sauce!!!

No comments: