April 15, 2009

A Great Day

You know it's going to be a great day when . . . you have a big 99 cent Diet Limeade (with a splash of diet cherry) from Sonic sitting on your desk. I thought I deserved a little treat this morning so I stopped by Sonic and used a coupon I got in the mail that was about to expire. I couldn't let that happen!!!
Last night after an hour long parent teacher conference with one of my kiddos parents, Grant and I raced home to have a quick dinner, do his homework and get ready for a make-up baseball game. I was little dissappointed to find out that the game was acutally just a "scrimmage" with no umpires. It didn't start until 8:00 which means it was almost 10:00 before we got home. For a school night that seems so late. I know this is going to sound terrible, but I ended up just putting Grant to bed dirty since it was already so late and then this morning I got him up a few minutes early for a quick bath before school. Sorry no pictures from the "scrimmage". I had snack duty so my hands were full with the cooler, my chair, a sweatshirt, etc. . .

Now today we get to practically do it all over again. Jeff's out of town this week so we aren't able to split up any of the duties around the house or with practice. Grant and I will race home from school and have another quick dinner, get ready for baseball practice at 6:00 and then it will be around 8:15 before we finally get back home.

Thank heavens for my DVR because with this crazy schedule I am missing so many of my favorite shows. Last night after I finally got Grant in bed I fast forwarded through Dancing With the Stars so I can see who got voted off. I'll probably have to do the same thing tonight with American Idol. Of course I'll probably be trying to fold laundry, unload the dishwasher, make lunches and grade papers at the same time.

But . . . even with all the running around and work I know it's going to be a great day because I have my Sonic drink to enjoy and the temperature is supposed to be in the mid 70's.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sonic can make everything all better! Really...what did we do before DVR's?!?! Have a great day :)